Moderatoren: Gunther, 5E-Thomas

Nachricht
Autor
Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

Re: My 1982 Audi 100 C2 Alpine white.

#31 Beitrag von Concker »

Okey so i finally had some time to work on the 100 again.
Long story short, i have replaced all the belts in the engine, overhauled the generator and replaced the radiator and fluids.
Had some issues when replaced the engine belt, but turned out it was just the rear part of the cover that got a little contact with one of the wheels.
So it all turned out okey :)

Also got the tires for the wheels, so I borrowed a tire machine, a little skeptical to do everything myself but got a good lesson so it went pretty painless :)
So now it's just a question of getting things done..

Being prioritized to figure out how to fix it with rear seats, and replace all the suspention, as it is 40mm lowering springs at the front and cut down oem springs at the rear
which results in the car being too high in the rear. Also the shocks are all gone so being replaced with shorter sport shocks.
Also think i will replace the exhaust with some stainless soon :)

What do you think about the wheels?
I was little skeptical but they grow on me :) The plan was to have something else then a set of "bbs rs replica"

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

nsu481
Meister
Meister

#32 Beitrag von nsu481 »

Hei Concker,

looks really cool! :up:
Who´s the producer of the rims? I´ve been "googleing around" for some minutes now but couldn´t really find out.

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#33 Beitrag von Concker »

nsu481 hat geschrieben:Hei Concker,

looks really cool! :up:
Who´s the producer of the rims? I´ve been "googleing around" for some minutes now but couldn´t really find out.
KH Design, they are however a custom order so not sure what the model is or if you can get them them in other bolt patters.
Atleast 4x108 and the color is custom specs together with the 8inch width

Old Rusty
Vertriebsmanager
Vertriebsmanager

#34 Beitrag von Old Rusty »

Hi,
I got to admit these rims are an eye-catcher. I must say it is a nice appearance though I usually prefer original equippment wherever possible and decent. I would say the car does not need to be lowered by using shorter springs, the reason is that just now the rims are fully shown and if the car was lower some parts of the rims would be hidden in the wheel arches and that disturbs the flowing lines. Just my opinion of style.
Regards, Joe
:?: Wenn Du es selbst instandgesetzt hast, weisst Du auch, wie lange es halten wird und warum es wieder kaputt gehen könnte :D

Audi 100 S 1970 ZX
Audi 100 GL 1972 ZJ
Audi 100 GL 1973 2T ZP
Audi 100 LS f.i. 1975 YB
Audi 200 5T 1981 WJ
VW T3 1990 NF

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#35 Beitrag von Concker »

No worries Rusty, not going to be slammed :) thats not a good look on any car..
Anyways i started looking at the suspension setup as the car handles like an old ferry at the moment.
I decided after some calculation that shorter lowering dampers from 100 C4 should be a good fit regarding spring height and work area.
However this is not a simple swap out old parts and in with new as the setup on C2 and C4 has alot of differences.

Comparing:

Bild

Bild

The C2 has a completly diffrent mounting solution, as expected since the springs is separate on the C2 compared to the C4.
Also holy! the stock part on the c2 dampers where the washer lays onto the bigger part of the suspension rod looks way to thin :?

Anyways i worked with the dampers and make the same smaller area on the c4 dampers that is on stock C2 dampers, however due to the thicker rod the part the the washer lays looks alot more secure and "heavy duty"

Bild

After that i cut down and modified the lower part of the damper to fit in the stock mounting points.
So lets look at the springs, its the same diameter on the C4, but they are infact longer even tho these are 40mm lowering spings, aswell as being progressive
So this should work with some minor modification.

Bild

After alot of measuring and cutting i got down to a height i was pleased with, lowered but not slammed and still very drive able.
Think this is going to work out great. The car a good amount of suspension travel both up and down and got alot stiffer without being like a rock.
It remains to swap out the front for the same kind of C4 setup, but from what i understand the C2 and C4 have the same setup in the front so it should be alot easier to fit.
Think i need to mby modify the springs a tiny bit to get the car 100% leveled but this is not much, mby 5-10mm
Anyways due to the shorter and more correct length of dampers the springs sits nice and secure and the travel is good within what they should be.

Going to be nice to test out the ride quality when i get the front done and the roads will get bare again, (Alot of snow here still...)
So far the test in the rear seems to have worked wonders, no more magic carpet ride :)

Bild

Bild

Bild

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#36 Beitrag von Concker »

So finally i had some time left over to work on the car, its been way to long but time is something i currently dont have alot of so every day counts :)
So then i started looking at the rear seat project as this is one thing that have been annoying me not getting around to do, making the car look very incomplete.

I found out that using the frame from the stock seats mounting should be easy on the "sitting part" of the seats.
So i took the Mazda seats and after some cutting and welding i got them to fit on the frame.
was not a direct fit / plug and play but some hours of work later it seems to fit :)
I make a complete new frame for the back part of the seats that i screw into the metal backing of the car.

So finally the car is silent and nice to drive again, the rear seats sure does stop out alot of sound, even with an stripped boot.
Also took a picture that i am very pleased with :)

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

There is still alot of adjustments i need to make with the interior, but alot of the heavy part of the job is done now, so now i can have a good time fiddling with the last touch up's
I need to make the carpet fit right, edge the floor mats, finish installing the remote central locking system, and make 2 small pillows for the rear seats so they fill up the small empty space on the side.
Guess i am going to cut out a part of the original seat and wrap this in some sort of leather :)

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#37 Beitrag von Concker »

So its time for some updates here i guess :)

Have done some work to the car, i changed the front struts for the sport shortened c4 struts, aswell as top bearings.
The c4 front springs i got was 1mm thicker then the old springs, resulting in the spring not compressing enough and i got ridiculous ride height in the front, so these where swapped back to the old ones.
Other then that i did some touch up / finishing work to the interior, aswell as did a red tint on the tailights that turned out great!

Other then that the car is going into the paint shop in August so i started to strip down the exterior of the car :up: :mrgreen:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Also ordered some new needed parts as new clips, mud guards, rubber seals etc :)

Since paint holds up alot better then plastic, and getting the rear door handles in new mint condition where not to easy i decided to try to strip and paint the old ones.
Turned out pretty good :) Ordered the plastic grommets behind the handles aswell (expensive!!)

Bild

I also started work on sound deadning the trunk, aswell as rustproofing it.
Turned out pretty good :) next step is to add the soundeadning foam and some kind of fabric :)

Bild

Bild

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#38 Beitrag von Concker »

Also did some painting on the bumper brackets since putting dirty worn parts on a fresh painted car feels a bit sad :)

Bild

Bild

Bild

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#39 Beitrag von Concker »

Ready for some updates? :)
Been way to long since i posted anything here so this is going to be a long one.. oh well :)

First up is the arrival of the new controls behind the steering wheel as my old one failed resulting in wipers going crazy.
This was sun burnt as always, resulting in some paint work aswell as a pain in the a.. tricky work with some white vinyl foil to get the decals back.

Bild

Bild

Bild

next is a big step, car delivered to the paint shop!

Bild

Then i got hold of a parts car, been sitting 14 years out in the woods so alot of moss and stuff..
However after a solid wash job it was not so bad. Yes i know it looks like its saveable but its an 1.6D and the underside of the car was rusted away so just interior bits and some panels are useable.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#40 Beitrag von Concker »

Now to some more recent work:

Since my car had a custom made trim part for the front bumper in metal i mended some of the plastics from the parts car to make a complete set of bumper trims.
Its not 100% the licence plate bit, but this is hidden anyways by the licence plate so im not to worried about that.

Bild

The car had some minor rust problems that got welded, not to bad for a car thats done 260,000 kilometers.

Bild

Bild

Then the car got sanded down and base primed! im so exited!

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Next up was body coat before more priming and then later paint!

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

220v
Seniorchef
Seniorchef

#41 Beitrag von 220v »

Das sieht doch schon sehr gut aus :up: :up:
Weiter so :D

Gruß Axel.

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#42 Beitrag von Concker »

Finally paint is getting laid down :)
According to plan the car should be done painting and i can go and retrieve it at the end of next week :)

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#43 Beitrag von Concker »

Some more pictures :)
Estimated done with the paint on wednesday :)

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#44 Beitrag von Concker »

Car is back home and started to get things back together, taking it slow but should be done by spring :)
So far most work has been "boring stuff" as replacing all the rubbers from the donor car etc, but it sure is a good feeling when things are getting back together :D

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

200T
VAG-Händler
VAG-Händler

#45 Beitrag von 200T »

Hello
nice car :up:

Bernd