Moderatoren: Gunther, 5E-Thomas

Nachricht
Autor
Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

Re: My 1982 Audi 100 C2 Alpine white.

#16 Beitrag von Concker »

So about time to get started doing some work again to this car after i hurt my leg i have not been able to do much.
However during the winter i am planning to finish my conversion to black interior, and new seats

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Removed the carpet and most of the sound insulation as this was rotten and not smelling nice..
Also drilled out of middle box on the floor to make room for the seats, atleast i did not ruin it incase i get hold of better original interior later.

Bild

Bild

I am really happy to see that there is no rust whatsoever in the floor :)
So i just cleaned it up and sprayed it with black anti rust 3in1 industrial paint.

Bild

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#17 Beitrag von Concker »

So now i have redone all the noise insulation and added some more into the floor with new plates.
Also got around to fit the new chairs and marked it up so its ready to be bolted in place once i get around to it.
Also looked into the electrical stuff and got all the movement to work properly.

Haters gonna hate i guess but i think it will look quite good when its all done, completed with a new dark gray carpet and rest of the green interior details painted black. I know many of you probably would like to see an original interior but i am missing the front seats, and the rear seats are so rotten just the frame is useful. So then i rather do this "modern" seat build now and look into getting the correct seats and then get them done in some sort of black leather some time in the future as everything is reversible. Then i again i have never been one of those guys that needs everything to be original, atleast not down to every bolt and screw.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Lets see how this turn out when everything is done, :) It sure does beat an smelly rotten interior for sure, going to get hold of the carpet fabric soon and cant wait to get it installed :)

Old Rusty
Vertriebsmanager
Vertriebsmanager

#18 Beitrag von Old Rusty »

Hi,

in general I would prefer the use of original parts, I admit. But the use of seats and interior is reversible, so why not change the dress from time to time? These black seats look quite decent, and if the feeling is as good then it's ok! From what kind of vehicle are those seats?

Joe
:?: Wenn Du es selbst instandgesetzt hast, weisst Du auch, wie lange es halten wird und warum es wieder kaputt gehen könnte :D

Audi 100 S 1970 ZX
Audi 100 GL 1972 ZJ
Audi 100 GL 1973 2T ZP
Audi 100 LS f.i. 1975 YB
Audi 200 5T 1981 WJ
VW T3 1990 NF

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#19 Beitrag von Concker »

Old Rusty hat geschrieben:Hi,

in general I would prefer the use of original parts, I admit. But the use of seats and interior is reversible, so why not change the dress from time to time? These black seats look quite decent, and if the feeling is as good then it's ok! From what kind of vehicle are those seats?

Joe
Yeah miles ahead in comfort comparing to the beaten typ44 seats that where in there. Quite at random i got hold of these seats of an 2014 Mazda cx5 almost for free so worth a shot i think :)

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#20 Beitrag von Concker »

Moving along :)

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Got hold of some carpet so started the install, went pretty well i guess to basicly just doing it free hand as i go on.
Think this will be good in the end :) Looks way better in real life compared to my potato phone camera, so guess i would need to take some photos with the DSLR soon. I also fucked up on the passenger side so i would need to redo that side later, atleast i bought 10 square meters of fabric so got more then enough :) Also think i will make some floor mats by using the same material and adding a nice border to it.

Next step is going to be to fix the passenger seat since the airbag has blown here (Why i got the seats cheap)
However the seat is designed so the thread is self goes, not the leather, so all the holes and leather is in perfect condition, just need to get new thread and tighten it all up together :)

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#21 Beitrag von Concker »

After alot of trail and error, i finally got the passenger seat sewn back together with an result i am pleased of :)
Going to look better aswell once i put it back on the frame.

Bild

Bild

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#22 Beitrag von Concker »

Not much going on with the 100 as im currently working on my beetle :)

BildVW 1300s by Daniel Sommer, on Flickr

At least the engine runs perfectly now after i sorted out the fuel connections, sounds twice as powerful and did an -15C cold start with no problems, so for now i think the engine is sorted :)
My parts stack is starting to increase over the winter aswell so sure got some work to do in the spring. New belts, radiator, complete set of sport suspension from TA technix, remote central locking is going to be fitted aswell as finishing of the interior with rear seats, painting the rear door covers and swapping out the steeringwheel for something else oem audi like the Nardi wheel or similar.
Also need to replace the bearing in the generator.. any1 know the specs of the bearing here?
Going to look into getting some more light into the instrument cluster also since the stock lights are not much to brag about, when i think about it i need to sort out and replace the fuel level sensor aswell and probably look into doing some custom exhaust sooner or later.. most of all im trying to save some money now and then to afford an respray on the body :wink:

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#23 Beitrag von Concker »

Even tho its not much work being done on the car at this moment, some parts have found its way to my door :)

Bild

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#24 Beitrag von Concker »

Still waiting for spring but some small stuff i manage to use some time on.
First off was the instrument cluster where the clock did not work, also the lights where bad so hardly possible to see anything in the dark.
I had a spare one laying around so used parts from this to get an 100% working cluster :)

Bild

Also modified the cluster by adding small black led strips in the bottom square holes, this looks way to bright in the photos.. real life its a pleasant red glow (Like the A4 B5's)

Bild

Next up was the generator that where making bearing noices, so i took it apart and replaced the bearings.
The slip-ring was also worn out so ordered and replaced this aswell as the regulator. easy and low cost fix :)

Bild

Bild

Also got hold of a nardi wheel in good condition :)

Bild

Bild

Old Rusty
Vertriebsmanager
Vertriebsmanager

#25 Beitrag von Old Rusty »

Hello,

you are doing a lot of good jobs and are applying fine craftmanship. It is a very good idea to overhaul the original Bosch alternator than buying a cheap maybe Chinese aftermarket copy part that would not last very long.
Please let me add an advice from an experienced automobile electrician: He told me that the wires leading from the rotor coil to the slip-ring should be glued as long and as narrow as possible to the metal body and the axle of the rotor. When new, there also was a winding of textile self-adhesive tape fixing the wires to the axle in the small gap between rotor body and slip ring. The reason is as follows: At full speed of the engine there will be enormous centrifugal force trying to tear the wire outbound. If not fixed properly, the soldering spot could break or come loose some day and that would make you dismantle the whole thing once again.

Kindest regards, Joe
:?: Wenn Du es selbst instandgesetzt hast, weisst Du auch, wie lange es halten wird und warum es wieder kaputt gehen könnte :D

Audi 100 S 1970 ZX
Audi 100 GL 1972 ZJ
Audi 100 GL 1973 2T ZP
Audi 100 LS f.i. 1975 YB
Audi 200 5T 1981 WJ
VW T3 1990 NF

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#26 Beitrag von Concker »

Old Rusty hat geschrieben:Hello,

you are doing a lot of good jobs and are applying fine craftmanship. It is a very good idea to overhaul the original Bosch alternator than buying a cheap maybe Chinese aftermarket copy part that would not last very long.
Please let me add an advice from an experienced automobile electrician: He told me that the wires leading from the rotor coil to the slip-ring should be glued as long and as narrow as possible to the metal body and the axle of the rotor. When new, there also was a winding of textile self-adhesive tape fixing the wires to the axle in the small gap between rotor body and slip ring. The reason is as follows: At full speed of the engine there will be enormous centrifugal force trying to tear the wire outbound. If not fixed properly, the soldering spot could break or come loose some day and that would make you dismantle the whole thing once again.

Kindest regards, Joe
Yes i figured out that myself during some bench test where they snapped loose. (the pictures is from the first try)
So i did it twice, however the last time i preheated the copper core to about 500C, then used a industrial iron at 450C and melted the tin into the copper, almost fusing it.
Then there is 2 layers of eboxy gluing it down aswell as heat tubing, this hold up easily in my bench test, but need to test it on the car to be 100% sure :)
Hopefully it will work, but then again its not to much work to split it open again :)

Old Rusty
Vertriebsmanager
Vertriebsmanager

#27 Beitrag von Old Rusty »

Go on with the good work!

:up: :up: :up:

Audi 100 S 1970 ZX
Audi 100 GL 1972 ZJ
Audi 100 GL 1973 2T ZP
Audi 100 LS f.i. 1975 YB
Audi 200 5T 1981 WJ
VW T3 1990 NF

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#28 Beitrag von Concker »

Another one of the interior as it sits now :)

Bild

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#29 Beitrag von Concker »

Recived another package i have been waiting on today :D

8x16 et 25 :)
Im thinking of running 205 45 16
or 215 45 16 But not sure yet, as im going to run 40mm lowering springs for now, then probably make coilovers sometime later.
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#30 Beitrag von Concker »

Wheel fitment test today :)
Looks promising :)

Bild