Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

Wheel size 100 c2

#1 Beitrag von Concker »

Hello, im looking into buying some bbs rs reps for my 5e.
But im not to sure what fits together with 40mm lowering springs. Ive seen 9x16 et 8.. But that looks a bit 2 extreme.

So i have found a set thats 8.5x16 et 20.
Will this fit without issues? Think i am going for 195 40 16
Also they can be bought in 7x16 et 20

I have also been looking into 17inch, but im not to sure if thats to big for the 100?

Hacki 200
Seniorchef
Seniorchef

Re: Wheel size 100 c2

#2 Beitrag von Hacki 200 »

Hi and welcome also from my end,

interesting project and great to see the progress.
However, you‘ll barely find anybody here who will recommend you a rim/wheel set as you’re looking for.
There are very few who have sets in comparable dimensions mounted on their cars.
I tried, just for fun, in my „early times“ the 8J17 Boleros with 225/45 rubbers - it looked terrible!
Those cars deserve a very cautious approach in regards to tuning, at least from my point of view...
One of my 200 has mounted 8J16 BBS factory V8 rims. In the first years I had 225/50 rubber mounted but I changed to 205/55 with special permission as in very few cases the rubbers had contact with the chassis, especially in the rear axle. Now it works fine, even with passengers.

But - it’s up to you.
Your car - your call! :wink:

Cheers

Maic
Audi 200 Avant 5T Heliosblau EZ´82 "Jahrhundertprojekt"
Audi 200 5T Alpinweiss EZ´80 "Papamobil"
Audi 200 5T Heliosblau EZ´83 ex-Schweiz
Audi 5000 turbo Gobi EZ´83 ex-US
Audi 4000 S quattro Alpinweiss EZ´84 ex-US
Audi Cabrio Mingblau Perleffekt EZ´97 "Mamamobil"
Audi quattro Amazonasblau EZ´83 ex-US
Diverse Audi A2 Kugeln für die Mamas
MB 350SE W116 Byzanzgold EZ´73
VW Passat Variant GT Syncro Lhasa EZ´87

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#3 Beitrag von Concker »

Hacki 200 hat geschrieben:Hi and welcome also from my end,

interesting project and great to see the progress.
However, you‘ll barely find anybody here who will recommend you a rim/wheel set as you’re looking for.
There are very few who have sets in comparable dimensions mounted on their cars.
I tried, just for fun, in my „early times“ the 8J17 Boleros with 225/45 rubbers - it looked terrible!
Those cars deserve a very cautious approach in regards to tuning, at least from my point of view...
One of my 200 has mounted 8J16 BBS factory V8 rims. In the first years I had 225/50 rubber mounted but I changed to 205/55 with special permission as in very few cases the rubbers had contact with the chassis, especially in the rear axle. Now it works fine, even with passengers.

But - it’s up to you.
Your car - your call! :wink:

Cheers

Maic
Thanks for the answer, Yeah i know its hard to find answers regarding the typ 43, so i guess i need to ask around and see if anybody has some wheels i can try out.
Not going to slam it so i think some bbs reps in 16 should be good, either gold or silver. I think the stock 15s looks a little dull

nsu481
Meister
Meister

#4 Beitrag von nsu481 »

Hei Concker,

skal fra Tyskland!
As Maic already said, you´ll hardly find C2-owners dedicated to - let´s say - modifications in here. I prefer to avoid saying "tuning" due to several reasons... ;)

For the last 13 years I´ve had 9x16 ET20 (with 215/40/16) and 40mm lowering springs on my 100 L5E without any body modifications. Perfect fitting!
In summer 2017 we mounted a coilover kit with adjustable damping (k thanks again to you-know-who-you-are!) and the rims will hopefully finally be changed into BBS reps in same size. More to come...
What do you mean by asking for "issues"?
8,5x16 should look great, but I´d prefer 205/40/16 on the front and 215 on the rear axle. However, it depends on your aesthetic bias.
There´ve been pictures of a Netherlands C2 with 17"-rims in here - maybe someone can help?

Like to say it in ol´ Franky´s words: Do it your way!

Feel free to contact me if you want to!

Cheers, Alex

Concker
Lehrling
Lehrling

#5 Beitrag von Concker »

nsu481 hat geschrieben:Hei Concker,

skal fra Tyskland!
As Maic already said, you´ll hardly find C2-owners dedicated to - let´s say - modifications in here. I prefer to avoid saying "tuning" due to several reasons... ;)

For the last 13 years I´ve had 9x16 ET20 (with 215/40/16) and 40mm lowering springs on my 100 L5E without any body modifications. Perfect fitting!
In summer 2017 we mounted a coilover kit with adjustable damping (k thanks again to you-know-who-you-are!) and the rims will hopefully finally be changed into BBS reps in same size. More to come...
What do you mean by asking for "issues"?
8,5x16 should look great, but I´d prefer 205/40/16 on the front and 215 on the rear axle. However, it depends on your aesthetic bias.
There´ve been pictures of a Netherlands C2 with 17"-rims in here - maybe someone can help?

Like to say it in ol´ Franky´s words: Do it your way!

Feel free to contact me if you want to!

Cheers, Alex
Alright, well by issues i mean if it will fit innwards in the wheel house, and what seems to be about "flush" on these cars.
I was hoping for an 8.5x16 et 20 combo with 205/15 tires, but im not sure how "aggresive" that look would be, dont want alot of poke on this car, but as close to "hella flush" as possible.

Are you able to provide pictures of yours with the 9x16 combo? :)
Thanks alot for the info

nsu481
Meister
Meister

#6 Beitrag von nsu481 »

Hei,
sorry, forgot about that thread.
You´ll get PN!

Antworten