Moderatoren: Gunther, 5E-Thomas

Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Kaiser_Soze

Audi 100 GL - Serbia

#1 Beitrag von Kaiser_Soze »

Hello everybody!

I am Uros from Serbia and I have recently bought an Audi 100 GL. It's in surprisingly good shape as it has always been used as a daily driver, but it needs a new coat of paint, which will be applied in April or May.

I was wondering if you could help me about that issue, since I would like to paint the car in one of the colors that were originally offered by the factory, but and I have trouble finding which ones were, so a color chart or something like that would be very helpful.

And some pictures of my Audi:

Bild

I also have an original front bumper with foglights and headlight washers, but since it's damaged, it has been replaced it with a non-GL one.

Bild

I have managed to find stoplights in good shape, and they will be installed when the car is painted, as well as the trunklid badges.
Original alufelgen came with the car, but they need reparation, which will also be done sometime soon.

Bild

In action - saving a Hillman Imp from scrapyard:

Bild

:)

5E-Thomas
Administrator
Administrator
#2 Beitrag von 5E-Thomas »

Hello Uros and a warm welcome to Serbia! Your user-account is now available as well, so you can log in ;-)

To find the original colours for the Type 43 you have to look at this site:
http://www.typ43.eu/Typ43Historie.html# ... arbe-57586

The corresponding colour codes are also available:
http://www.mobilverzeichnis.de/audi_farbcodes.htm

By the way, is there still the original sticker in the trunk? Then your search might be much easier. Good luck! :lol:
Viele Grüße
Thomas

Hacki 200
Seniorchef
Seniorchef

#3 Beitrag von Hacki 200 »

Hello Uros and a warm welcome from Bavaria!
If you have any questions about the typ43, be sure somebody will be able to answer.

Have fun end enjoy our comunity!
Audi 200 Avant 5T Heliosblau EZ´82 "Jahrhundertprojekt"
Audi 200 5T Alpinweiss EZ´80 "Papamobil"
Audi 200 5T Heliosblau EZ´83 ex-Schweiz
Audi 5000 turbo Gobi EZ´83 ex-US
Audi 4000 S quattro Alpinweiss EZ´84 ex-US
Audi Cabrio Mingblau Perleffekt EZ´97 "Mamamobil"
Audi quattro Amazonasblau EZ´83 ex-US
Diverse Audi A2 Kugeln für die Mamas
MB 350SE W116 Byzanzgold EZ´73
VW Passat Variant GT Syncro Lhasa EZ´87

wy422
Vorstandsmitglied
Vorstandsmitglied
#4 Beitrag von wy422 »

Hallo Uros,
here you can find some Examples for the colors:
http://www.audi100.de/PublicationsV2/fi ... 977_08.pdf

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#5 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Thanks guys, appreciate your help! Kupfermetallic is my favourite, I think it will match nicely with Schilf interior.

I also haven't succeded in finding these parts: Hauptbremszylinder and Gleichlaufgelenkwelle (I hope this is the right translation, - homokinetic joint - , the thing that rattles if broken when you accelerate with wheels turned to the side). Does someone know are they the same as on some other Volkswagen/Audi? Volkswagens in general are very popular here and parts are widely available, but C2 Audis are very rare.

I forgot to mention, the engine is a 1921cc unit.

audi-nsu-fanatic

#6 Beitrag von audi-nsu-fanatic »

Hello and welcome to our site! Is it really an Audi GL 5 with the small 5-cylinder engine an 74 kW (100 hp)? In case it is you’ve got a very rare version of the Audi 100 type 43! In Germany it was introduced in the model year 1982, for export it was available since model year 1980. Only 3.143 GL 5 were manufactured!

May you be able to check your model year? In case your vehicle identity number begins with “43A”, you have got a model year 1980. In case it begins with “WAUZZZ43Z” just take a look on the next character. If you find a “B”, you’ve got a 1981 Audi 100, if you find a “C” it is a model year 1982.

This is important to find out the original colour for your model year, because there were always some changes. But the best thing would be to paint it in the colour it was manufactured!

Greetings,

Andreas
Audi 100 Coupé S, F105, 1976, malachitmetallic
Audi 100 LS fuelinjection, F104, 1976, atlantikmetallic, USA-Export
Audi 200 5T, Typ 43, 1981, meteormetallic, Italien-Export
Audi 5000 S fuelinjection, Typ 43, 1983, gobimetallic, USA-Export
Audi quattro, Typ 85, 1985, tizianrotmetallic, USA-Export
Porsche 944 S2 Targa, 1991, zyklamperleffekt

KEEP AND SAVE IT FACTORY ORIGINAL!

audi-nsu-fanatic

#7 Beitrag von audi-nsu-fanatic »

Sorry,

I've forgot to mention you'll find the master brake cylinder and the outer joints of the joint shafts on ebay and many auto parts stores (even in the internet, too!). These parts are still available, but quite expensive. :cry:

Andreas
Audi 100 Coupé S, F105, 1976, malachitmetallic
Audi 100 LS fuelinjection, F104, 1976, atlantikmetallic, USA-Export
Audi 200 5T, Typ 43, 1981, meteormetallic, Italien-Export
Audi 5000 S fuelinjection, Typ 43, 1983, gobimetallic, USA-Export
Audi quattro, Typ 85, 1985, tizianrotmetallic, USA-Export
Porsche 944 S2 Targa, 1991, zyklamperleffekt

KEEP AND SAVE IT FACTORY ORIGINAL!

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#8 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

I have managed to find the master brake cylinder, but it costs 250 euro, which is... hm... let's say considerably more than I can afford, so I'll either have to try to repair this one, or to fit another - I guess those from Typ 44 or Passat ought to be closest to original.

Tassap
Abteilungsleiter
Abteilungsleiter
#9 Beitrag von Tassap »

Hello Uros,

welcome in our community!
Here are two master brake cylinders currently available on german ebay:

link 1
link 2

I would rather go for the second one, it's original ATE manufactured and cheaper. The question is, how difficult shipping to serbia is.

Conserning the "Gleichlaufgelenkwelle" (the word stands for the whole part with axle, inner and outer joint). I guess you only need the outer joint. This is knowen as "Gleichlaufgelenk" or "Antriebswellengelenk" and outer is translated as "außen". You can find it on ebay too. Here is an example:
link3

Searching works best, if you have the original parts number ("431 498 099 AX" in case of the outer joint). You can find them on vagcat.com. After registrating and loging in, you can see the schematic drawings referring to the part numbers.

kind regards, Fritz from vienna.

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#10 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Thanks Fritz, this is great news!

Shipping is not an issue - a good friend of mine is living in Stuttgart, so she can order those for me.

Again, thanks a lot, if I'm ever in Wienna, the drinks are on me!

Tassap
Abteilungsleiter
Abteilungsleiter
#11 Beitrag von Tassap »

Hello again,

I don't want to dissapoint you, but I took another look at the two master brake cylinders i posted in my last message. I have the fear, that thinks are not so easy conserning the 1,9 litre brakes.

In the "link 2" it says "only for vented disc brakes". Is ist possible, that the 1,9 litre had vented and unvented discs depending on the production year or other circumstances? Unfortuneatly the parts numbers of the discs and the master brake cylinder is not listed on vagcat.com, I guess they were stopped selling by Audi long time ago.

At the item description it says that the cylinder fits cars from 8/81 to 7/82. However, such descriptions can be wrong too. Maybe you can take a brief look at your brakes or you can even remeber if the discs are vented or not.

I`m sorry, that I've overlooked this important fact.

Kind regards, Fritz.

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#12 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

The disks aren't vented, but the brake calipers are definitely from an Audi with vented brake system (I know this for a fact since previous owner had changed them some time ago). I believe that only this is of relevance, due to the different piston lengths.

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#13 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Unfortunately, things haven't developed as I had hoped, so the paintjob has to be postponed.

On the other hand, I have installed a new auspuff, complete from manifold to the tailpipe. Of course, it had to be custom built to spec, since original parts are nowhere to be found. This created room for some modifications - the front and middle muffler have been made to provide a better flow of gasses, while the rear one is oversized (for 2500 ccm) in order to keep the noise down while still retaining an excellent flow.
Result - the car is absolutely noiseless below 3000 rpm, when beautiful 5-cylinder sound kicks in. Priceless.

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#14 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Managed to find the missing trim pieces :D

Bild

Badges are from a pre-facelift model though, but it's not like I have a lot of choice :mrgreen: .

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#15 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Bild

I decided to go 15" due to wide choice of tires in 195/65 R15 dimension.
The original steel wheels will be sandblasted and prepared for the next winter.

What concerns me is the bolt length, since I used those I already had. Can someone tell me how long they should be for these Typ44 alufelgen?

Antworten