Nachricht
Autor
grillage
Praktikant
Praktikant

Re: 5000 Turbodiesel in Schwarz

#46 Beitrag von grillage »

I FINALLY figured this out.

After doing all the pads, rotors, rear cylinders, shoes, adjusting all that - still no difference

So I put a vacuum gauge on the system between the check valve and the booster. Holds vacuum - loses a bit when I push the pedal, but gets it back again from the vacuum pump when I let off. But it STILL feels like no assist from the booster.

So for no logical reason, I put the original booster back on - and it works perfectly. No idea what could be wrong with a booster for it to hold vacuum and not boost - but that’s what the “new” one was doing.

Anyway, I can finally drive this car and get it ready for a 1000 mile trip this May!

Thanks for all the help

I also have a fender coming from Audi Tradition and will be replacing the dented driver’s side fender and having it and the hood painted. This car will be stunning when that’s done

WJ-Freak

#47 Beitrag von WJ-Freak »

OK, great that you were able to fix that issue. :up:

Not a surprise that a NOS part has a defect. This happens quite often meanwhile, and always leads to discussions.
"I put a new part in, and it still does not work!"
And we always think, that a NOS part is 100% OK. But there is no guarante on such an old part...
Gruß Jörg (WJ-Freak)
---OOOO---

1979 Audi 100 CD 5E diamantsilber "WJ Prototyp No 17"
1979 Audi 100 CD 5E colibrigrün
1979 Audi 5000 S fuelinjection alpinweiß
1980 Audi 200 5E diamantsilber
1980 Audi 200 5T kupfer
1981 Audi 200 5T diamantsilber
1981 Audi 200 5T meteormetallic
1982 Audi 5000 turbo lhasametallic
1982 Audi 5000 turbo diesel gobimetallic
1982 Audi 200 turbo alpinweiß
1984 Audi 4000 S quattro montegoschwarz
1990 Audi 100 turbo quattro "Sport"

grillage
Praktikant
Praktikant

#48 Beitrag von grillage »

Just so weird that it was holding vacuum yet not providing any assist.

All I can think is that maybe there was a leak between the chambers and it was ALL under vacuum - therefore providing no booster action. I think I'll take it apart and find out

Now chasing a few other random things:

No vacuum lock system
cruise control not working (could just be o-ring?)
rear speakers not working
None of the dash lights other than the cluster were working so I dug around and found all the bulbs that were burned out. they were not in the right places either.

I drove the car most of yesterday and its a lot of fun!

grillage
Praktikant
Praktikant

#49 Beitrag von grillage »

Been driving the car a bunch the last couple weeks

Figured out the cruise control too. Someone that had no idea what they were doing has been digging around inside the dash of this car. As I mentioned before, all the light bulbs that should be mounted in the climate control and the shifter selection indicator were burned out and had been run to weird places in the dash. Those all were fixed so now I have light when it’s dark. The other thing I found was that the cruise control and the defroster switches were installed backward - cruise harness plugged into the defrost, defrost plugged into the cruise. So that ended up being an easy fix, but required some work with the diagrams to figure it out.

Rear speakers were dead - so I replaced them with some more modern speakers but kept them under the stock grills

Need to get the vacuum locks figured out still. Maybe a hose broke again? I can hear the pump trying

Next thing is getting some paintwork done! The fender I ordered should be arriving soon

Antworten